Family Fun

We had so much fun this week as Taylor and Rachelle were able to visit along with their cute little/chunky Byron.  It was rainy for two out of the three days they were here, so we weren't able to spend too much time outside, but we still had a lot of fun just visiting and spending good quality time together. Byron had a couple of explosions, but for the most part he was always full of smiles. He's such a happy boy. He gets along fine with tennis balls, cardboard boxes, or cell phone covers...easy to please. :) We loved having them here. 



Justin and Jenine were able to come up and have dinner with us as well Tuesday night. We played lots of games which ended with us yelling answers at each other and trying to beat the other team. We played girls against boys, husbands vs. wives. What a disaster. I'm almost positive the sweet little lady upstairs, Darlene, didn't get ANY sleep that night. She said she couldn't hear us, but I think she was just being nice. We were pretty stinkin' loud. It was a lot of fun. Our cheeks were hurting because we had been laughing so hard.

There's something about family that just makes you smile. I can remember times when my sisters and I would be in arguments that consisted of statements such as "I was going to wear that shirt today!" or, "ahhhh, get out of my room, you are so annoying!" or, "I already called the front seat, you can't have it!" even these experiences make me smile. Sometimes we'd be in the middle of fighting when all of a sudden we'd start laughing uncontrollably and then we'd get even more mad because we weren't fighting anymore. It doesn't even make sense, but for some reason, there was still so much love when we would argue. Why is that? 

I remember one specific time when Terriann and Sydnie were arguing and while Sydnie was marching away out of frustration, Terriann said, "Sydnie, don't be a dip stick." Sydnie's reply still cracks us up as we recall this memory, she yelled back, "I ain't no dip for your celery!" Haha. What does that even mean?! Every single one of us started laughing, including Sydnie and Terriann. To this day we still remember resolving that argument through laughter and genuine love. Oh, how I love the memories. 

No, Rachelle and I didn't get into any arguments while she was here. I think we're over that stage in our lives, but we DID spend a lot of time in the kitchen together. We made some delicious homemade bread. I went to a bread class a couple of weeks ago and now I'm obsessed with this bread recipe. It's great! Rachelle and I only made some Italian loaves, but in the class we made a regular loaf of white bread, French bread, and Italian bread. The Italian was my favorite. The bread is so moist and soft. We love it! Rachelle and I had a lot of fun baking bread then enjoying it that night at dinner. YUM!


 Speaking of having fun with the family, even though Logan and I don't have a very big family yet, we still have lots of fun together, with lots of fun plans for the future. We love the outdoors and spending time in nature. So, when we found out REI was having a huge sale this weekend we decided to go see what we could fin. Well, we ended up walking out of the store with a brand new 4 man tent. Now we get to go on little family adventures and enjoy even more of the beautiful outdoors.We were too excited to wait for a camping trip to see what it looked like set up, so the first thing we did when we got home was set it up in our own backyard. It's AWESOME! We love it, and are excited to use it...hopefully this weekend, we'll see!

We're excited for the sun to come out. We miss it. It's been raining a lot. We're hoping for a great weathered weekend. Logan's family is coming from Rexburg this weekend and we want to be able to play outside a little bit. We LOVE having family come. It's always so much fun. We feel so blessed to have such great families on both sides. We love you all, and hope you're doing well!

Love,



Logan and Shanell

1 comment:

  1. Oh dang, I started crying when I was looking at the pictures of you and Rachelle, and then laugheed hysterically when you reminded me of the dipstick story. Our family is awesome, I wish you lived closer!

    ReplyDelete