Shanell RN

I just wanted to tell everyone thank you for your thoughts and prayers as I studied for and took my Nursing Boards. I passed!!! It was amazing to feel the love and strength coming from so many loved ones. I seriously can't even explain the way it felt with every single question. For the most part I was a little hesitant with each question I answered, but in my heart I knew everything would work out the way it was supposed to. (I'm just glad the way it was supposed to work out involved me not ever having to take that test again!) The way the test works is I have questions ranging in number from 75-265. Everyone has to take 75 questions, but if the computer hasn't figured out if you qualify for a passing score, it will keep going question by question up to 265 until it decides if you've passed or failed. So...by 75, if the test shuts off on you, then that means you've either done really well, or really bad because the computer has already made up it's mind about you...if you qualify or not. Anyway, my test shut off at 75, and I think my stomach went straight up into my throat, and butterflies were goin' crazy inside of me. I was so nervous, I put my hands over my mouth and tried not to squeal. (Embarrassing!) I left the testing center knowing that no matter what the results ended up being, I knew without a doubt that I had tons and tons of help in there from our Father in Heaven. I felt it. I was reminded over and over again of all the people who were praying for me. I felt so much love and faith as I hesitantly but confidently answered each question. I was hesitant because I doubted my own knowledge, confident because I couldn't doubt my Father's knowledge. I was blessed.
I wasn't supposed to get my results until Wednesday, but I checked on Monday morning just in case...well, the results were in, but I didn't want to open it. I was way too nervous, plus I knew that if I DID fail I would need Logan to be right next to me so he could hold me really tight and tell me everything was going to be okay. I also knew that if I PASSED, I would want Logan with me to hug me and celebrate with me.

I went to the park all day yesterday, trying not to think about the results and what they might be. That made it worse. I fell asleep at the park, got a little sunburned, then walked home to meet Logan. I typed in all of my information to pull up my results, and then...BAM "pass" it said. We screamed, then hugged, then I cried in gratitude, as Logan and I held each other and prayed to our Heavenly Father thanking him for this wonderful tender mercy. That's what it was. I couldn't have done it on my own, and I recognize that. I was blessed, and I'm grateful for that blessing.

To celebrate, Logan bought me a new Kitchen Aid mixer! I'm sooo excited! It'll be here on Wednesday and I can't wait to open it right up and use it everyday. I have such a great husband who loves and supports me in so many ways. He's great! I'm eternally grateful for that blessing from my Heavenly Father as well.

Thank you again for all your support! Love you!

Shanell

3 comments: