Rexburg/Family Dinner

This weekend was a great get-away for us. It's fun to escape from life for a while and go visit family. We went to Logan's home this weekend in Rexburg, and it was a great, relaxing, fun weekend. The weather was beautiful and it was fun to see everyone again. We had decided to plan a little family dinner for all the cousins who were at BYU-Idaho. We ended up having 14 of us cousins there, plus Logan's family, so there were quite a few of us just hangin out at the Dunn's home. It was so much fun to see cousin's we hadn't seen in a long time. Logan said he had a great time actually getting to know them a little better instead of just saying, "oh, hi, you're another cousin, okay, cool." as they walk through the line at the reception or open house. We laughed a lot, and talked about old memories we had from Grandma's house, or from staying the night at each other's houses. It's crazy to think that we are all growing up and starting families. Three out of the five girl cousins that were there were pregnant. How exciting it is to see the blessings of having such a righteous, good family, being passed down to the next generation.

Sometimes I think we take it for granted, the blessing it is to be part of such an amazing family, but when we take a step back and look at the big picture, usually, for me anyway, it brings tears to my eyes to know that I am so blessed. I can remember one night when I was probably 14 years old, I was just lying in bed trying to fall asleep, as my mind wondered and eventually lead me to think of all the blessings our Father in Heaven has given us. My eyes filled up with tears, and my pillow became wet as I thought about my family; my mom, my dad, the sacrifices they have made to raise me in the gospel. I thought about my grandparents on both sides, striving to serve with all their hearts their children, grandchildren, AND the Lord. I couldn't help but think about MY future children and the blessings they would have because of the faithfulness and example of my parents and grandparents. I prayed and prayer of gratitude that night, and my heart was full. I remember that experience very clearly. That's when I realized I could NEVER EVER let go of the gospel. I loved it too much to ever even think about letting go of it. I realized that's why my parents never let go of it. We can't risk it. It's not worth risking. Sooo many lives depend upon my faithfulness in the gospel. Both physically and spiritually.

I love the gospel and the blessing it's been in my life. I'm grateful for the way that I've been raised. Without it I wouldn't have been lead to serve a mission and bless many other lives in the gospel. I'm grateful for the guidance it gave me in finding Logan. What a huge huge blessing it's been to know him and be married to him. We love each other more and more every single day. I'm grateful for his example of truth and righteousness; always living the gospel.

Anyway, this weekend was just a good experience to see family and be reminded of the blessing it is to be a part of it. We hope you are all doing well and we love you soo soo much!

Love,
Logan and Shanell

1 comment:

  1. What a fun blog, Thanks Shanell and Logan. I love to keep up with all that is happening in the lives of my practically perfect and absolutely adored grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete